Wednesday 21 October 2009

Free Patterns My Eye

I didn't want all my items for the 25 Motif Challenge to be from a book. I wanted to mix it up with some of the free patterns that I've found online. This has proved to be more difficult than I first thought as the patterns seem to contain mistakes or ommissions more often than not. On one ring a pattern will tell you to reverse the work, the next ring will tell you not to reverse the work, so far so good. The third ring will not state how to proceed and the following ring will direct you to reverse. Gah! If I have to keep scrolling back to view the image then why write a pattern at all, why not just superimpose the stitch numbers onto a diagram. It's not that I expect all patterns to follow the same method but surely a single pattern should be consistent throughout?!?

0 comments: