Friday 29 January 2010

23 of 25

Pattern: Tatted Fall Leaves (pdf) by Heather Johnston.
Thread: Lizbeth size 20, col 100.
Technique: Shuttle tatted.

Mine looks a little different to the pattern but I like it.
23 of 25 by michl_007
23 of 25 Originally uploaded by michl_007 on 29th January, 2010

I've had this pattern saved in my links list for quite some time but every time I tried to follow the pattern it went wrong. Eventually last night I wrote out a rudimentary diagram and filled in the stitch numbers and it worked! I've looked at the pattern again and think that where it calls for a ring it's meant to call for a chain, which is pretty obvious to me now but when you're learning it isn't so. Another thing that's obvious now that I'm more familiar with tatting patterns and their inconsistency is the fact that you are meant to switch shuttles to do the little nodes on the leaf, which the pattern doesn't mention.

I might try the other leaves on the pattern file now that this one has worked.

4 comments:

Typstatting said...

Your fall leaf is lovely the colours are really stunning. I must get some more Lizbeth thread, when we are in the States next.

Michelle said...

Glad you like it.

You can't get Lizbeth where you live? What ordering online? I'm in the UK and order online from a UK shop however they only do size 20 at the moment. Was considering ordering online from America but haven't decided yet.

Typstatting said...

No we cant get the Lizbeth thread where we live. They dont seem to have much and if they did we would pay at least 3-4 times the price!!!!
Will have to consider ordering on line much cheaper!!!!!!

Michelle said...

That's a shame. Ordering from overseas can be a pain but sometimes worth it depending on how badly you want/need something.