Wednesday, 3 March 2010

Number Five And So On

Pattern: Motif 40 from the book The Tatted Artistry Of Teiko Fujito by Teiko Fujito
Thread: (Lizbeth 20, col 671, christmas red)
Technique: shuttle tatting

This one works up quickly and is one of the easier patterns in the book.
5 of 25 by michl_007
5 of 25 Originally uploaded by michl_007 on 3rd March, 2010

I'm still no good at the roll join so once again resorted to using a lock join for this pattern. Not such a big deal when it's a single solid shade but I really should practice other joins.

I ordered some thread and books and I'm waiting for them to be delivered. Every morning I check the mail, I'm like a child at Christmas.

7 comments:

Patrycja said...

It's beautiful !!!

Cindy (Happy Bluebird) said...

Very pretty motif! I don't think joins are intuitive - and haven't tried a roll join. (At least not on purpose!) Beautiful red-very fitting while waiting for Christmas :)

M said...

I'm really liking the smaller patterns in this book. I'm not yet ready to try the big ones with the thread that is left unworked. I don't know what this technique is called.

Sally Kerson said...

Now that is a book I would really like! Fab little motif.
Just seen your comment on Fox's blog. Just pop over to my blog and you will see a little more about the manufacture of the Pop-A-bobbin shuttles. Now there are 17 different woods to choose from and they are being made slower but surely!

M said...

It's lovely to look through the pictures and I'm finding small patterns in there that I can manage.

Have looked at the shuttle page and am interested to know the price.

Fox said...

Love, love, love the red! That is a terrific little motif! Well done.
Fox : )

M said...

Thanks Fox. It's an enjoyable one to make and I didn't have to restart a gazillion times which was good.