Saturday 31 July 2010

Veggie Delight

The cauliflower, beans and broccoli are from the plot I'm helping my flatmate maintain. The spring onions and carrots are from my balcony pots. The purple carrot is orange in the middle and looks amazing in cross section which I'll take a picture of when they're up to a regular size.

Veggie Delight by michl_007
Veggie Delight Originally uploaded by michl_007 on 31st July, 2010

My carrot tops have been all lush and green for a while and so every few days I've been yanking one up only to be left with dissapointment because there was virtually nothing growing underneath. I got so concerned I asked my allotment guru about it but and was told that if there was green, the carrots would come. I was expecting the same today but instead I got these thinnings and while small are perfectly useable and tasted great with the other veg.

The beans are amazing in terms of harvest. We can't seem to pick them fast enough and both myself and my flatmate have given them to friends/colleagues.

Both the cauliflower and broccoli we were growing started out suffering from caterpillars which is pretty gross at first but I'm sort of getting used to that aspect of home grown veg. The ones in this picture didn't have any crawlies, bonus.

3 comments:

Fox said...

Look at that lovely bounty! Seems so soon. How wonderful to be able to have this fresh garden of yummy things to eat. Lucky you!

Love the profile pic. SO pretty!
Fox : )

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

Shafira Aulia said...

"Thank you for nice information
Please visit our website unimuda and uhamka"