Monday 1 February 2010

As A Great Philosopher Once Said...

Oops I did it again.
As A Great Philosopher Once Said... by michl_007
As A Great Philosopher Once Said... Originally uploaded by michl_007 on 1st February, 2010

I haven't had a chance to try any of the patterns from these books yet as they only arrived this morning and I've only had a quick flip through the pages. So far I'm liking the Tatted Artistry the best, quite nice to look at.

The Tatting Farm Animals book is a strange one. It seems to have a couple of nice little items in it but some seem to be lacking. You look at them and it seems that if they didn't have a label telling you what they are meant to be, you wouldn't know. Maybe it's the patterns and maybe it's just the way they were made by whoever tatted the samples.

The Tatted Handkerchiefs book looks okay I guess but the edgings look quite similar to what I already have in two other books. Will have to look more closely when I get a chance.

3 comments:

Fox said...

I just received the Tatted Artistry book as well. It is very pretty to ponder, but I am a bit intimidated ... I'd be curious to see what you plan to tat using it....

The Tatted Handkerchiefs booklet is another I recently bought. I like looking through it, but will probably never do any of the patterns. It is a good reference, however! Such justification! LOL!

Enjoy your reading!
Fox : )

IsDihara said...

These are the BEST kind of oops! LOL
Congratulations on the new additions to your tatting library.

Perhaps the tatted farm animals book will grow on you. I don't own it, but others who have blogged about it like it quite a lot.

As for the edging book, edgings look wonderful in HDT. They just spring to life! If you have some, give one a try and let us know what you think.

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.