Wednesday 10 March 2010

Edging Along

Pattern: Queen's Garter from the book A Pattern Book Of Tatting by Mary Konior
Thread: (Lizbeth 40, col 690, mocha brown light)
Technique: shuttle tatting

Simple and effective, works up quickly.

7 of 25 by michl_007
7 of 25 Originally uploaded by michl_007 on 10th March, 2010

I should have straightened this up a bit because the photo makes it look more wonky than it is in reality. It's one of those ones that's described as being able to "ease to a curve" which makes it pretty floppy.

I wonder... how are you supposed to prepare edgings? If I make a motif then I swish it in water, pat it dry in a soft cloth/towel and pin it out but that's not really something you can do with edging, or is it?

2 comments:

Sharon said...

If I make an edging, it's because I want to attach it to something. So I usually attach it and block it attached. If I am just making the edging for future use, I pin it out like normal for blocking and when it's dry I wrap it around something like an empty paper towel tube. I keeps it blocked for storage without any kinks from folding it.

Michelle said...

What a great idea, the tubes I mean. My flat mate doesn't ever seem to throw them away (no idea why) but at least now I'll have a use for them. Thanks.

I was thinking I might give away some of the tatted edgings I've done once I get a certain amount as the chances of me using them are slim. I LOVE making them but after that I've just been putting them away.